WordPress: The King of Content Management System
WordPress is the best content management system…
The content management systems are usually used by the people with a non-technical background to develop and maintain new websites. There are various content management systems like WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal available in the market that is used to develop new websites.
The WordPress content management system is the most popular software out of these software’s and the software controls more than 60 percent of the CMS market.
The WordPress content management system is used by more than 30 percent of the 1.8 billion websites that are currently active. Out of these websites, more than 239,139 websites attract one million unique visitors each month.
The official websites of TechCrunch, BBC America, Justin Bieber are a few examples of popular websites developed using the WordPress content management system. 89.3 percent of all the blogs are developed using the WordPress content management system.
Reasons for popularity – Content Management System
The WordPress content management system is popular because:
- It can be easily installed on any device.
- The software is free to use and many websites hosting platforms support the software.
- The WordPress content management system is open source which allows the professional website developers to modify the source code of the software according to needs of their current project.
- The large library of plugins that are compatible with the WordPress content management system is also responsible for increasing the popularity of the software.
- The WordPress content management system can be hosted on a local system or a cloud-based system.
- The WordPress.com allows small business to host their websites developed using the WordPress content management system on a cloud-based system.
- The WordPress content management system uses the form-based editor to separate the content of the website from the design of the web pages.
- The use of the form-based editor allows the developers to easily change the design of the website without having a negative effect on the content of the new website or blog.
WooCommerce – Content Management System
WooCommerce is one of the most popular plugins used by the developers to enhance the capabilities of the WordPress content management system. It is responsible for increasing the popularity of the WordPress content management system as the default CMS for developing websites.
The Magento content management system was considered the best E-commerce solution but the WooCommerce plugin helped WordPress to surpass the software in the E-commerce sector. The number of websites developed using the WooCommerce plugin is around 3,303,023 while the Magento content management system supports only 408,946 websites. The WooCommerce plugin is also free to use software which helps to reduce the development cost of a new website.
The WooCommerce plugin contains native mobile support which allows the developers to develop E-commerce websites with cross-device platform support. The WooCommerce plugin allows the developers to easily integrate multiple payment gateways in order to provide a better user experience to the users.
The WooCommerce plugin also has other features like Product sorting and filtering as well as automatic Geo-location detection that can be used by the developers to improve the user experience provided by the new E-commerce website to its users.
WordPress Tipton – Content Management System
WordPress Tipton is the latest version of the content management system released by the WordPress Foundation. The latest version of the WordPress content management system pays homage to the famous jazz singer Billy Tipton. The WordPress Tipton feature helps to automate the design workflow used to develop new websites.
The WordPress Tipton update also contains a design lock feature that allows the developers to lock their designs in order to prevent other developers from modifying the content of the design. This will help to ensure the security of the design in case of multiple users accessing the same website.
The WordPress Tipton update also allows the developers to easily select and implement a theme from the 2600 designs that are available on the website. The MediaElement.js was upgraded to 4.2.6 version in the latest update of the WordPress content management system. The WordPress Tipton update has added support for the PHP 7.2 version.
A new code editing library called Code Mirror was introduced in this update. The Code Mirror library includes new features like error checking and syntax highlighting that can be used by developers to easily modify the code of the WordPress content management system according to their own needs.
Leave a Reply